Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stomach problems

So I went to the doctor for my stomach problems about a month ago. She gave me a glucometer to use. She said to take my blood sugar any time I felt symptoms of hypoglycemia. After three weeks it was obvious that my stomach problems are not hypoglycemia. I would feel horrible and my blood sugar would be in the 80's or 90's. Hypoglycemia is considered to by below 70. I went back to the doctor yesterday and they're checking for H. pylori. It is a bacteria that can live in the stomach for years. It can live there forever if not treated. This bacteria is what causes ulcers. So, if this bacteria is what's been causing my stomach problems all this time that's good news, because it can be cured! Oh, this bacteria was discovered in the mid 1800's, linked to gastric disorders in 1899, proven to cause ulcers in 1981, and accepted by the medical community in 1994. Very interesting.

No comments: