Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Things to Remember

I was telling my mom some of the cute/funny/smart things E had done this past week and she suggested I write it down. So here it is.

*He was playing in our room while I laid on the bed. He found the remote for the window unit, picked it up, and pointed it at the a/c. When it didn't do anything, he picked up the tv remote and tried pointing it at the a/c. Once again nothing happened. So he walked over to the a/c and began poking at the control panel with both remotes. Of course nothing happened. So he brought the remotes over and started lifting up the bed rail (it was down) and sliding the remotes between the rail and the bed. At one point, he happened to grab the a/c remote where the power button and it came on. He stood there and stared in amazement while the cool air blew through his hair. Then he kept turning it off and on since his finger was still on the button. The look on his face was that of 'finally, I made it work. Now how did I do that?'

*We came home from the grocery store and I unlocked the front door. E grunted and pointed for my keys, so I handed them to him and set him down. He immediately went to the door and started poking the handle with the keys.

*He tried to climb in the bathtub yesterday, so I figured he wanted to take a bath. We have a pitcher that he plays with, so I filled and rinsed the tub just in case there was any stray hair or dirt. Now every time he's gone in the bathroom with me over the last day or two, he picks up a toy and starts hitting at the bathtub faucet with it. I had the sink faucet running and he wanted to be picked up, then he started gesturing towards it with the container he was holding.

*When one of us goes to the back door to call the dogs in and we're holding E, he yells 'DAH'. The funny thing is, the dogs usually come running.

*His laugh is so fantastic. Sometimes he genuinely laughs because we're laughing. Sometimes he laughs because he thinks something is funny. Sometimes he forces a laugh because we're laughing. And the best is when he's not ready to stop laughing, so he forces more laughing.

1 comment:

Linda P. said...

One of the best things about children is their desire to learn, discover, explore, and their willingness to try over and over until they succeed (defined, of course, by them). I think this is at least part of what Jesus meant when he talked about the necessity of becoming like a child.

Mom