Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The last week

Well, I haven't posted, but not because there haven't been positive things happening. I haven't posted just because.

Today-Wednesday
1. House news. That's all I'm going to say for now. Don't want the Fates to hear :)
2. Steven was very supportive when I cried before school this morning.
3. Organic ice cream.
4. I've taken a personal day on Friday.
5. Supportive assistant principal

Last night I woke up to Zoot standing over me. Not unusual. That's her way of waking me up when she needs to go to the bathroom at 1:30 am. But I heard a lot of barking outside. I could tell that it was our neighbor's (D) beagle. Again, not too unusual. I put Zoot on the leash and cracked the door open. I didn't want the dogs running after deer, rabbit, opossum, skunk, etc. Well, I saw Jersey, the mom beagle, in the middle of the street. I shoved my dogs back inside and went to get Jersey. I heard D say, 'There she is.' I let Jersey sniff me and then walked her back over to her house. As I was walking with her I saw 10 puppies explode out of the kennel. It was a funny sight because all of a sudden all the puppies were out and wandering around the porch and under the porch. I helped D round everybody back into the kennel. I stood in the kennel and held puppies and mom at bay while D shoved puppies back in the kennel. She was very grateful. It made me feel good to help her out. About a month ago our other neighbor (P) helped out with Tim for a week. We tried to give her some BBQ gift certificates but she wouldn't take them. She just said she knew we would help her if she needed it (she has two Pomeranians). Even though it wasn't helping her, I felt like I was paying back P's kindness by helping D with the beagles.

1 comment:

ed said...

good post. i enjoyed the story about the pups.
not to tempt the fates, but i'm hoping it's good news about the house!