Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

marriage and Christmas

On Tuesday night Steven and I went down to the river and exchanged vows and rings. We see ourselves as married and we're presenting ourselves as such. In the state of Texas if you present yourself as husband and wife, then you are legally married. We are still having the wedding ceremony in August. I've picked out my dress, which my mom is going to make. We have the church reserved and the reception hall picked out. Hopefully we'll be able to reserve it soon. Other little details are coming together nicely. We have an idea of our budget so that makes things easier to think about. My friend Jessica gave me a 1000 wedding bargains book for Christmas and Steven has already read most of it. He's so wonderful to help out. I told him I wanted help with the planning and I don't have to persuade him, he is more than willing to help. I'm so happy that I'm married to the most wonderful, caring, and thoughtful man.
On Thursday Steven and I drove to Abilene to spend Christmas with my family. We got to hang out with Jes, my dad and Jenni, and of course my mom, Christopher, and Heather and Virginia Ann. Steven got to know them and vice-versa. They seem to get along very well. Steven and I were our usual affectionate selves and it didn't seem weird at all. It seemed completely natural for him to be there. He went back home yesterday and I'm here till tomorrow. I'm helping with moving Virginia Ann. The only thing that sucks is that Steven couldn't stay because he had to work today. I love having him around all the time and I already miss him. I had to sleep by myself last night :( But I'll get to see him tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a great and safe New Year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel, this is the first time that I am replying to your blogg. I just want to say that I Love You Very Much. I didn't feel weird meeting your family. Infact, I liked them very much and I had a great time in Abilene. Incase Jessica is reading this, your gift is greatly appreciated and has already come in handy, thank you.
Christina come home safely and soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Mrs. H...
Could you please post pictures of you & Steven together? I feel really in the dark, not knowing what he looks like.

Love & congrats to both. Marriage rocks.

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! I am SO very excited for you! I want pics too!

By the way, I am chock full of all sorts of wedding corner-cutters, so feel free to bounce stuff off of me at any time. Love you, sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I would like to say "I KNEW IT!" I just couldn't quite believe Christina's "we're just friends!". I am totally happy about you and Steven and your life together! I agree with the others: pictures, please!!! And to Fanny . . . isn't it nice to be able to comment on someone's blog who has a NEW ENTRY!!!!! (hint, hint)!
love to all!

Anonymous said...

Now that Fanny has posted---it's your turn!!!


Momma

Anonymous said...

i demand an update!!!